Isopropyl myristate and ST-cyclomethicone
Resultz® is a new head lice treatment approved by Health Canada in April of 2006 for individuals 4 years of age and older. Resultz® is a non prescription head lice treatment containing 50% isopropyl myristate (active ingredient) and 50% ST-cyclomethicone (inactive ingredient). It works by dissolving the wax that covers the exoskeleton of head lice causing subsequent dehydration and death.
- Use towels to protect the child/adult’s eyes from treatment and prevent clothes from getting wet.
- Apply product to dry hair and massage into the hair until the scalp, especially the sides and nape (back underneath the hair) of the neck, are thoroughly wet with the product. This may take several minutes.
- Lice can crawl up and down the shaft of the hair quickly so it is important to apply the treatment to the scalp as well as from the roots to the ends of the hair. See Usage guidelines below to estimate how much product you will need.
- After Completing application, allow product to remain on hair for 10 minutes.
- At the end of 10 minutes , rinse with warm water and wash hair , if desired.
- Repeat Resultz® application. There may be some eggs that were not killed after the first treatment. These eggs may hatch and need to be eliminated with a second treatment.
Back to Anti-Lice Treatments